What you will need:
- Medium pot
- Wooden/metal spoon (NO plastic, it WILL melt)
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 3/4 Cup of Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 Cup of Water (or cannabis water left over from making CannaButter)
- 2 Tbs of Cannabis Kate's CannaButter
- Kool-aid packet or Flavoring of your choice
- Candy molds or a greased cookie sheet
- Candy thermometer (optional, I don't ever use one)
What you need to do:
- Mix together Sugar, Water, Corn Syrup, and butter in pan and place over medium heat.
- Constantly stir mixture until sugar is completely dissolved. This is very important, if not done, the sugar will burn.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- If you have a candy thermometer, you can use it to bring mixture to the 'hard crack' stage, which is 300*F. If you don't have one, don't worry. All you have to do is 'test' the candy by removing a small amount from the pan and allowing it to cool. I usually drizzle some off of my spoon onto the cookie sheet or molds I'll be pouring the candy into. It should be cool enough to touch in about 30 secs or so (be careful, it can still burn you). If the cannabis candy hardens, it's ready. If it is still soft or syrup-y then continue cooking and check again in a couple minutes.
- Once your Cannabis Candy has reached hard crack stage you can turn off the stove and add your flavoring.
- Now pour your hot Cannabis Candy into either candy molds or a greased cooking sheet. If you pour your cannabis candy on a cooking sheet you can break it into pieces like glass once it is cool.